ZAMP SOLAR KITS
ZAMP SOLAR KITS
RV and Off-Grid Solar Panels
We can help answer your questions on what size solar kit is best for your needs – Contact Us!
Power your RV with Solar and here's why.
- Zamp Solar on your RV is a very powerful and convenient source to ensure you can get away from the crowds and find a little paradise. An off-grid solar power kit on your RV is used to keep your RV battery charged so you can use all the daily essentials – lights, water, fans, refrigerator, phone, computer, etc.
- Increase battery life 300%! Solar on your RV is an investment that can save you replacement time and money. Adding a properly sized Zamp Solar Kit to your RV can extend the life of your batteries up to 6 to 8 years – that's HUNDREDS of dollars saved!
- Solar is a quiet, easy, green, and clean power source. Not only does it reduce your carbon emission, solar will reduce the amount of money you spend replacing expensive batteries.
Which Zamp Solar RV solar panel kit should I use?
Charging a battery can be thought of as battery maintaining (maintenance) or trickle charging, whereas daily recharging is sometimes referred to as bulk charging. Maintaining a battery is simply keeping the battery charged when there is no real use. Batteries will lose some of their energy just sitting around. Maintaining a battery puts this small amount of energy back into the battery. Bulk battery charging can be thought of as recharging a battery after daily use or putting a significant amount of power back into the battery. Zamp Solar Kits can do both battery maintaining and bulk battery charging, but the size of the solar kit needs to be carefully considered if daily charging requires lots of power.
Click to see our Solar Size Chart
Zamp Solar Legacy Series
- 45 to 230-Watts
- Self-contained, COMPLETE system to be used on 12-Volt Battery System right out of the box
- Most efficient solar option
- Most new RVs are Solar Ready RV – SRRV, prewired to use a Zamp Portable Solar Port
Zamp has been revolutionizing the portable solar panel since the beginning. The innovative solar solutions they have infused into portables are now being imitated by others. Portable solar systems provide reliable power, like the roof mounted solar kits, but come with the added flexibility of being easily transported and moved. They are generally considered more efficient as compared to a solar roof mount kit, but that's only if you're willing to move them throughout the day.
Many RVs come prewired with a Zamp solar port. This port is a direct battery connection and allows any of the Zamp Solar Portables to quickly attach to the RV and start charging. *Not to be used with a roof mounted kit or panel.
- BIG POWER! Up to 1020-Watts!
- Expandable kits – add more solar when you're ready
- No setup or take down, they're always working
- No wiring, crimping or mistakes – prewired kits
Roof Mount RV solar panel kits deliver some serious power! They are clearly the easiest to work with requiring a single installation for a lifetime of power. Adding another solar panel is as easy as mounting the panel on the roof and plugging it in. Customers that start out with solar never look back! They return asking for more power or to outfit their new rig.
Zamp Solar Obsidian Series
- Patented low-profile solar panels provide the ultimate flexibility and durability
- Perfect for tight storage spaces
- Sleek profile anodized aluminum frame is strong, robust, and lightweight
- ATP connectors have superior power transfer and weatherproofing
- Integrated carry case lays flat to maximize storage potential and doubles as a quick-deploy adjustable stand with molded block feet
The Obsidian® Series portable solar kits are designed customizable, to meet any of your solar needs ranging from 45-Watts to 200-Watts. Add multiple units together to get more power in your off-grid system or split multiple units and charge your portable power generator with the unregulated panel and your trailer with the regulated panel. If your RV comes with a Zamp solar side port, you can just plug and play the new Obsidian solar kits!
- Obsidian off-grid solar panels are 30% lighter, 50% slimmer and more aerodynamic than traditional roof mount solar panels
- Expandable solar power systems provide off-grid solar power at remote locations and job sites
- Flexible mounting options for work trucks, RVs, trailers, campers, boats, and equipment
Obsidian roof mount solar kits include solar panels (from 45-Watt to 200-Watt), mounting feet and wiring harness. Omni-Rail frame allows placement of the mounting feet on any side and any position. Complete any Obsidian Series solar panel kit by adding a charge controller or integration kit to manage the power.
Check out FAQ and step-by-step videos on how to easily set up your Zamp Solar Portable and Roof Mount Systems.
For further answers to your questions, contact our solar specialist Jonathan Lewis at [email protected] or 800-866-5353.